The recipe of this Sweet and Sour Cabbage is referred to the category “Low-fat”. So, don’t worry about your figure 🙂 Just enjoy the dish!
- 1/4 cup (60ml) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tsp (5ml) chopped fresh ginger
- 1 medium onion, cut into eights
- 2 red or yellow peppers, shredded
- 1 lb (450g) cabbage, shredded
- 3 tbsp (45ml) white vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) salt–reduced soy sause
- 1 tbsp (15ml) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60ml) stock
Sweet and Sour Cabbage. Method:
First of all heat pineapple juice in a non–stick pan.
Then add ginger, onion and peppers, and stir–fry for a couple of minutes.
After that add cabbage and cook covered 2 minutes.
Stir in sugar, vinegar and soy sauce.
Blend cornstarch with stock. Stir in to thicken.
Serve at once.