Tiganites is one more recipe from Jewish cuisine. To prepare it you may use homemade almond milk or store–bought almond milk or regular milk. I also use some brown rice flour, and add honey, not sugar.
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 3 large or extra large eggs
- pinch unrefined sea salt, Celtic salt, or Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup almond milk (I used homemade) or half almond milk, half water
- 1 tablespoon mild–tasting honey or 4 teaspoons Sucanat dissolved in the almond milk, egg mixture
- extra–virgin olive oil
- crushed or chopped walnuts
Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, wet ingredients in another. Combine, stir, and let sit for one hour or more (refrigerated).
Heat oil on medium heat in frying pan (careful, don’t burn oil). Depending on the size pancakes you’d like, use 1/3 or 1/4 cup measures. Drop onto hot oil and fry on one side, then flip. (These cook very quickly).
Serve, stacked, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with walnuts and cinnamon.